Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Playing the role of dinner guest

Since arriving in Paris three weeks ago I have had quite a few dinners cooked for me.  This is always nice and I have definitely enjoyed being welcomed into new friends homes for dinner.  We should do this more often in New York- tiny apartments be damned!

Last night was one of my favorite and most adult dinners.  I had kindly been invited over to the home of a British family who lives in my neighborhood.  The husband and wife are old friends of an ex-coworker of mine from my last job.  They live about 10 minutes away and their apartment was spectacular!  After entering the code to the front gate you walk through a very large and beautiful courtyard with apartments on each side, all with their own terrace area and lots of plants and foliage for privacy.  The apartment itself (if you can even call it an apartment) was very large.  I only saw the first floor, but it had wood beamed ceilings and felt very lush and almost renaissance like.  Apparently they have a small apartment above that they sometimes rent out to people on holiday, if anyone is interested...

After meeting the children and having a glass of sparkling rose, we sent the kids to bed and sat down for supper.  Their were 4 of us all together since another friend of the couple who was there to plan a get together with the wife was asked to stay for dinner.  Dinner was lovely, we had sardines baked with tomatoes and chicken tagine with potatoes before finishing with salad, cheese and some strawberries with ice cream.  We also had a bit of wine and conversation flowed very easily.

I had such a great time!  They even invited me to stay in their home while they would be away for the month of August.  Can you imagine?!?

That reminds me though, I still need to tell you about my new neighborhood...

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment