Sunday, May 2, 2010

My first Paris flat

I have had the good fortune of finding a beautiful Parisian flat in the heart of the 9th arrondissement for my first week in Paris.  I am staying here through Sunday and the thought of leaving already makes me sad.  It's a beautiful 2 bedroom flat with a view of a courtyard and a school at the back of the building (I can hear the french school children playing in the morning).  There are actually 3 courtyards that you go through to get to the back building where the flat is located.

door to courtyard
living room

 cuisine aka kitchen

 boudoir
stairway

this window is my favorite thing in this flat
My very favorite thing about the flat are the HUGE windows in the living room.  In the evening if I'm not out roaming the streets (aka trying to find my way home) I like to eat dinner in the living room with the windows wide open so that I can hear all of my french neighbors.  I could probably spend hours listening to them having dinner or quarls or telling funny stories to their friends.  Honestly I have no idea what they are saying, I just like listening while I go about my business, but sometimes it's fun to pretend you know what they are talking about.  Oh, Jean Luc is at it again, etc...

Ok, more from the 9th soon!

xx

2 comments:

  1. the windows are so pretty! i love this blog. thank you for including me... i want to be you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. would you settle for being with me? i hope this blog helps you feel like you are right there next to me xx

    ReplyDelete