Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Afternoon in Montmartre

Ok, so this is technically from the 18th, the neighborhood just north of where I was staying.  It was my first full day in Paris and the weather was incredible.  I decide to take a stroll up my street, Rue des Martyrs, to Monmartre.  Hike is more like it (Montmartre is the highest Paris hill).

I've been trying to take advantage of the beautiful weather by spending every moment I can walking around city and basking in the warmth of the sun.  They say the weather in Paris is very unpredictable, so I don't know how long these warm and sunny days will last.  Museums can wait for the cold and the rain!

I have a strange obsession with Basilique Sacré-Coeur (Basilica of the Sacred Heart).  It looks so exotic to me and not very French, but at the same time it is one of the iconic monuments of Paris.  It was a fun place to spend the afternoon none the less and there was even a funny dude singing American pop songs on the steps.  He got the crowd to clap along and join into Wonderwall by Oais.  I tried to take a video, but this guy standing next to me kept talking to me and making jokes in French.  The only reason I know he was making jokes was because he kept laughing, wait, I hope he wasn't just making fun and laughing at me...






Hope you enjoy these pictures!  I especially like the one of the storefront in lavender picking up on the same color in the blossoming tree nearby.  Pure loveliness!

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment