Monday, July 5, 2010

The Black Lion

Paris may be the city of romance, but I received my first marriage proposal in Amsterdam...
Please meet The Black Lion!



This African tribal dancer from Senegal (he even has business cards and a portfolio of performance pictures that he showed us) was one of the vendors at the Waterlooplein flea market.  I stopped by his stall to look at the African textiles and the next thing a know he's telling Gabby and I how much he would like a woman like me, that we look good next to one another and basically that he would be a great arm charm for me...Well, then things got even more interesting as he told me "back home in Africa you have a fat wife she sleeps outside, but you, I would come and scoop you up and carry you back home."   Oh really?!?

I'll take that as a complement and the first marriage proposal I have gotten was kindly declined.


xx

No comments:

Post a Comment