Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Picnic on the Seine

My very favorite thing to do in Paris is picnic.  It's more than a hobby or a fun activity, it's a way of life.  Good picnics are better than 5 course meals and it really doesn't take much...good wine, good cheese, the perfect baguette and maybe some of those wonderful "french" strawberries (as opposed to the ones we're used to these are much thinner- quelle surprise!).






Last weekend I was lucky enough to spend two evenings in a row on the banks of the Seine.  One picnic was just wine and some fantastic Tango watching.  There were many couples practicing and my companions and I found it as entertaining as anything we would have paid to watch.  The second picnic was with a very large group of Americans and Brits.  The plan was to meet one another before we all got together to watch the big World Cup game this Saturday night.  Both were worlds apart and yet perfectly Parisian.

Picnics will be de rigueur when I return to New York.  I can see it now... Who's with me?

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment