Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Indecent proposal?

I had a cute little room with a balcony in a small family run hotel five minutes from the beach.  In the morning I had breakfast in the hotel's small dining room.  Both days I ended up eating at the same time as this sweet couple from Lyon.  On the second day, we talked at length about my trip and how I was enjoying Paris etc.  The women from Lyon told me that she thought I was very brave to be traveling on my own and that she thought it was great.  Then, towards the end of our conversation, the wife asked if she could ask me a personal question.  Sure I quickly answered and to that she asked if I was Christian and when I answered yes she followed up by asking me if I was Catholic to which I answered yes again.  So are we she informed me and then reached for her purse. Well, then you must take the phone number of my son who lives in Paris and call him!  Uhh...

I had never been propositioned like this before, especially not until I was vetted by the mother after confirming my religious status.  Who would have guess my new French Catholic mother friend from Lyon was actually a Yenta?

So what do you say, do I contact the son?

xx

1 comment:

  1. If you liked his parents you might like him. It's only a phone call.

    ReplyDelete