Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Fembot

While strolling the left bank after shopping for a new bikini the other day, I decided to finally stop by the venerable and grand department store Le Bon Marche.  I wasn't really in the mood to shop since I had exceeded my quota with the day's earlier purchase, but I thought I would take a look around and try to pop over to La Grande Epicerie du Bon Marche (the large and luxurious gourmet grocery).  Luckily for me, while I was perusing the journals and books on one of the higher floors I stumbled across the Ellen Von Unwerth "Cinema" exhibition.  The exhibit was running in conjunction with the Cannes Film Festival which had just taken place the week before.  There were four short films (burlesque, femme fetale, lolita-esque and mythology) showing in the front rooms.  Followed by a back room filled with a veritable who's who of French and American celebrities beautifully photographed in their most sultry, come hither poses.  It was a wonderfully entertaining surprise!






I made it to the epicerie afterward, but I was a bit overwhelmed by the plethora of options in each food category and the hunger setting in as my stomach started to growl.  It would have to wait for another day, when I wouldn't buy the 12 Euro pate just because I was peckish.

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment