Saturday, June 19, 2010

One of those days

It's the little things...

The old woman in proper attire having a beer with a young man decked out in neon sneakers, t shirt, wayfarers and a baseball cap at the local corner cafe.

Little French children possessing more aloof coolness than any of us could ever hope for.

Happening upon a break-dance contest in an art space that used to be a city mortuary and feeling like you were somehow transported back to the 80s.

Any of these things could happen on a given day and they aren't very important, but they all make me smile in the way that real Parisians frown upon.  Stuff like this makes me have one of those I love this city moments and then I truly feel I couldn't possibly be happier anywhere else.

I love strolling through the Marais, eating ice cream on the banks of the Seine and sitting in cafes on sunny days.  I could go on doing this forever!  New York has a lot of competition for my city of choice these days...


Hope you are all enjoying the sunny summer weather!  Have a great weekend <3

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment