Monday, June 14, 2010

Biarritz: Sand and Surf(ers)

 La Grande Plage - Biarritz, France


Last week I spent a glorious few days at the seaside in Biarritz, France.  It was fantastic!  Biarritz is a beautiful little beach town on the south western coast of France close to Spain.  It used to be known as a glitzy beach resort frequented by celebrities and royalty, but nowadays its much more laid back and full of French tourists, surfers and backpackers.













It was a wonderful trip, even though the sun didn't seem to want to come out while I was there.  This only meant that I couldn't really catch some rays or wear my new bikini, but I thoroughly enjoyed wandering around a new city and taking in all of the beautiful views around town.  There were plenty of markets and yummy food to be eaten and sun or no sun I could watch surfing with a cafe all afternoon.  This was a memorable first visit to Biarritz and hopefully not my last.

xx

2 comments:

  1. Aaaah! We spent hours sitting and drinking beers in the sun on those rocks (right side of the last photo). One of my very best times in France!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I'm down to go back and do it again with you anytime! I adored Biarritz

    ReplyDelete