Thursday, June 17, 2010

Joyeux anniversaire à moi

Paris is a wonderfully place to spend your birthday.  I have a lovely day and celebrated with a mix of Parisian and American influences which was very fun!

Friday night I watched the France football (soccer) game with some Brit friends and then spent the rest of the night swilling wine and dancing in an underground wine cave.  Nevertheless, the next morning I woke up on my Birthday was a nasty little hangover and a huge craving for a cheeseburger or as the French say cheeebeeergeeer...  A friend of mine was kind enough to make that happen and then we strolled around the Marais the rest of the afternoon stopping for a cafe here and a gelatto there.  It was devine!

 Dancing in wine caves like . . . animals?

Peonies are my favorite <3


Cafes and people watching . . . I could do this forever!

Mmm... cafe creme.  What a nice way to warm up on a chilly day.


 That night a group of us got together at a British pub in the Latin Quarter to watch the big US vs UK World Cup Game.  It was rowdy, crowded and soooo much fun!  I was really glad that we decided to go to this place instead of being squished in at the bar I was supposed to go to and this way I got to hang out with my friends and not worry about any of the other people around us.  It was nice to look around and see that I had friends in Paris to share my Birthday with and of course I missed all of you back home.

After the game we decided to join up with a pub crawl group to go bar hopping in the neighborhood.  That was a fun adventure too and a perfect ending to a wonderful Birthday!  


 Part of the gang at the pub watching the big US vs UK game

The US ended up scoring and the game concluded with a tie.

 It was all fun and games until the Americans started chanting "Soccer, Soccer..."


 
 A victory dance by the Pantheon even though we tied?  You betcha!
 
Those trumpets are harder to use than they look!

 
My roommate leaving her mark


Thanks to everyone for a great birthday!  All of your messages and emails and texts were so sweet.  It was the next best thing to having you here to celebrate with me.  Miss you all!

xx
 

No comments:

Post a Comment